Monday, October 8, 2012

Greg Martin publishes Stories for Boys, Reading on Nov. 8 at UNM

Greg Martin's second book, STORIES FOR BOYS, was published this fall by Hawthorne Books.

"STORIES FOR BOYS is a memoir and tells the story of my relationship with my father, who came out of the closet as a gay man after 39 years of marriage to my mother, and who came out to me after surviving a suicide attempt. The book also tells the story of how I came to share this change in the life of our family with my two young sons. I’m really grateful also that the book is now in its third printing and has been named a Barnes & Noble Discover Great New Writers selection for Holiday 2012."

You can see more about STORIES FOR BOYS on Greg's website here: http://gregorymartinwrites.wordpress.com/

And on the website for Hawthorne Books: http://hawthornebooks.com/authors/greg-martin

The book is available at the UNM Bookstore, at Bookworks on Rio Grande, as well as on Amazon or Powells or Barnes & Noble. You can also purchase the book as an e-book, for the Kindle or the Nook.

Greg Martin will be giving a Reading, with a book signing to follow

November 8th

on the UNM Campus,

in Dane Smith Hall, in room 123,

at 7:00 PM.

Parking is close and convenient at the Yale Parking Garage, just a half block north of Lomas on Yale.

Greg's Upcoming Readings:
I just got back from a trip up to Missoula to give a reading and be on a panel about the memoir at the Montana Festival of the Book, and this week I’ll be reading at Powell’s in Portland, then the Wordstock Book Festival this weekend, and next week, I’ll be reading in Bellingham and Seattle and Salt Lake as part of the Utah Festival of the Book. If you know folks in those towns, and want to pass along that I’ll be up there, you can see the specifics of those readings on the appearances page of my website here: http://gregorymartinwrites.wordpress.com/appearances/

No comments:

Post a Comment