Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Alan Blackstock teaching at Utah State & publishing

Many years ago, I chaired a dissertation by Alan Blackstock on G. K. Chesterton. At the time several folks were puzzled why Alan, a Language/Rhetoric major, was writing on Chesterton. Nonetheless, he did and, shortly thereafter, took a job at a community college in Houston.

Last week I received an email from Alan who is now a professor at Utah State. His Chesterton book has just been published and he's sending me a copy. I could not be more proud of him. He writes that he and a colleague have developed and presented a series of writing workshops for GIS professional in the Forest Service and at BLM. Alan is, for me, a clear example of how language/rhetoric studies and literary studies can merge and be greatly successful.             
                                                         --Lynn Beene

No comments:

Post a Comment